FAMILY SUPPORT ADVOCATE
Information – Support – Resources and Referrals
The Caribou Child & Youth Centre is dedicated to providing assistance to non-offending parents and caregivers.
Learning about the possible sexual or physical abuse of a child can be a confusing and overwhelming experience. Every family that experiences a child’s disclosure of abuse faces numerous decisions and perhaps changes to their daily life. Regardless of whether or not a report of abuse results in prosecution — crisis intervention, support and advocacy services are available to each child and family at the CAC.
Advocacy services include:
- Informing non-offending caregivers about the services available to them at the CAC.
- Provide crisis intervention, support and referrals.
- Help non-offending caregivers understand the legal system.
- Help victims of crime understand their rights.
- Ensure non-offending caregivers are aware of the Victims of Crime Assistance Programs available in Alberta.
- Provide children and youth prepare for criminal court proceedings.
- Accompany children and youth to court proceedings.